Search This Blog

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Dining Debbie's Way Oriental

By popular demand, my husband thinks this is the best Chicken/Mushroom Fried Rice and Homemade Egg Rolls he has ever had.  So if I can remember everything I did, I will be happy to share my recipes.  All through high school, I worked in a Chinese Restaurant in Barrington, Ill.  I believe they were part of my desire to bring excellent fresh food to my family.  They believed everything they cooked was to be made by fresh ingredients and made to order.  Here is my version of the Chicken Mushroom Fried Rice.

Sesame Seed Oil
1 lb of fresh chicken chopped to bite size pieces
5 fresh mushrooms sliced
1 C of Fresh Bean Sprouts
1/2 C of fresh peas or frozen works too
2-3 C of white or Brown rice cooked and cooled
2-3 eggs, beaten in a small bowl
About 1/8 - 1/4 c soy sauce
6 green onion sticks
garlic powder (1-2 teaspoons)
ground pepper (about 1T)
salt
sugar (about 1 T)

Heat a large skillet with the sesame oil until it gets hot, drop your chicken into the pan and cook until it becomes white in color, add the mushrooms until it softens, then add the peas and heat through, add about 1/2 T of pepper, Sprinkle of Salt and about 1t of Garlic Powder, incorporate into the mixture.  Drop the cooked rice on top of the chicken mixture and start to toss around until the rice starts to brown, form a valley in the middle of the rice and drop your eggs in the middle, beat until scrambled.  Mix the scrambled eggs into the rice mixture and add 1T of sugar, as well as the bean sprouts, keep tossing.  Swirl enough Soy Sauce on top of the mixture until it looks brown (about 1-2T), heat through until the rice starts to crisp and everything is heated through.  Add the green onions and serve immediately.

I make all my egg rolls by hand too and serve with Sweet and Sour Sauce, I will be happy to also post that recipe on my next blog.  Enjoy and Cook On...


No comments:

Post a Comment