Search This Blog

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Dining Debbie's Way Weight Watchers Fiery Shrimp with Bok Choy and Rice

As I mentioned in a past recipe, we have been following weight watchers points on a regular basis and I recently came across one of their recipes that my kids and friends wanted to know how to make it.  I figured I would post it in my blog, but I must give credit where credit is due (Thanks Weight Watchers)

Fiery Shrimp with Bok Choy and Rice

3 tsp Canola Oil (I used Olive Oil)
1lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
1c matchstick-cut carrots
2 baby bok choy, quartered lenthwise
6 scallions, cut into 11/2 inc lengths
2 Tbsp grated peeled fresh ginger
2 large garlic cloves, minced
1/2c Jasmine Rice
11/2 c chicken broth
1 Tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
1/4-1/2 t red pepper flakes ( I replaced the flakes with 1 1/2 t Asian Chili paste)

Heat 1 1/2tsp oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.  Add shrimp and stir-fry until just opaque in center, 3 minutes.  Transfer to medium bowl.  Add remaining 1 1/2tsp oil to skillet, add carrots, bok choy, scallions, ginger and garlic, stir-fry until fragrant, 2 mins.  Add rice tossing to coat.  Stir in broth, soy sauce and pepper flakes; bring to a boil.  Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender, 20-22 minutes.  Add the shrimp back to the skillet, cook stirring frequently, until heated through, 3 mins.

Delicious! Points Plus Value 6 per serving, makes 4 servings.


Weight Watchers Magazine Jan/February 2012 pg 131

No comments:

Post a Comment