Search This Blog

Friday, December 2, 2011

Dining Debbie's Way Shrimp Nacho Bites and Tri Tip

I thought I would start a blog where I can share the recipes my family have enjoyed through the years.  I love to cook and create fun and exciting dishes that will leave people wanting more.  We just got to enjoy the Thanksgiving holiday with family and friends in Florida.  I provided a spread of about 10 appetizers with the full traditional Thanksgiving meal, followed by three different desserts.  One of the favorite appetizers that everyone loved was my "Seafood Nacho Chips".  I would like to share the recipe with you.

Seafood Nacho Chips


1 c of shredded pepper jack cheese
1/4 cup of mayo
1/4 cup of fresh cilantro
1 small can of green chiles
1 t of Red Hot Pepper Sauce
1/4 t of blackened old bay seasoning
1/2 lb of mini shrimps or chopped crab meat
Bag of Scoop Tortilla Chips


Mix the first 6 ingredients in a bowl then fold in the seafood, place a spoonful of the mixture in each chip and bake in a 425 oven for 5 minutes, garnish with fresh cilantro and/or a drop of salsa.  Its enough mixture to make about 35-45 chips.

TRI-TIP BBQ (SANTA MARIA BBQ)
 
Another of my families favorite meals is my Santa Maria BBQ (better known as Tri-Tip)  I make sure to get a fresh cut of tri-tip from our local butcher.  The tri-tip cut on a cow is the hip bending down into the thigh forming almost a boomerang cut of meat.  I bring it home and generously coat both sides of the meat with Lawry Seasoning Salt and Garlic Powder.  Let it sit in the refrigerator to marinate for a couple of hours.  Get the grill nice and hot and grill the meat for about 20-30 mins per side, flipping once.  You want a nice crispy crust on the meat (almost looking burnt) remove from the grill and let it rest on the counter for about 10-15 mins.  Slice into 1 1/2 - 2" slices and serve with baked beans, corn, coleslaw, a slice of garlic bread and topped with Salsa.  Makes a great summer BBQ picnic.


Well until my next post, enjoy Dining Debbie's Way and cook on!

1 comment: