Search This Blog

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Dining Debbie's Way Buffalo Chicken/Shrimp Taco

I have to get this recipe down somewhere, since I flew by the seat of my pants on this one.  My husband and I have been on Weight Watchers for over a year and I try to come up new and exciting recipes.  I really had a taste for buffalo chicken wings last night, but the are high in fat, so it was time to get creative.  Then I started thinking less chicken and more seafood and that will help the calorie count also, but still getting my chicken taste.  Here is what I came up with..

8 oz of chicken breast tenders, cubed
5 oz of shrimp, raw cleaned tail and shells removed, chopped
1 Tbl Olive Oil
1/2 c carrot matchsticks
1 jalapeno
1/3 red onion, chopped
Texas Pete hot sauce
lettuce, shredded
tomato, diced
Shredded reduced fat mexican cheese (I use Weight Watchers brand)
6 soft corn tortilla shells, warmed
Dash of Light Ranch dressing (optional)

Cube the chicken breast and place in a small baggie with Texas Pete sauce to marinate.  Do the same with the shrimp in a separate baggie.
Heat the olive oil in a fry pan, add the chicken, carrots, jalapeno, onion and saute' when it starts to soften add the shrimp until the chicken and shrimp are cooked through.  Add more Texas Pete sauce to turn the mixture a nice orange color.  Take your warm tortilla shell, top with mixture, shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, shredded cheese and a dash of light ranch dressing (for the full buffalo chicken affect)  This recipe will serve about 2 people (3 soft tacos each)  So double it up!

They turned out extremely tasty and fun.  Enjoy and Cook on!

No comments:

Post a Comment