Search This Blog

Monday, January 30, 2012

Dining Debbie's Way Hamming it Up

Sat here trying to decide what to do with a 2lb ham roast I had sitting in the freezer. Since I keep hoping that spring is right around the corner, I focused on something springy!  I decided to roast my ham together with pineapple, onions and butternut squash and this is what I came up with:

2 lb ham
1 butternut squash, cored and chunked
1 onion, chunked
1/2 pineapple, chunked
2 cloves garlic
1 spring of rosemary
5 fresh mint leaves
1/2 cup of Strawberry Rhubarb jam
ground nutmeg, salt and pepper to taste

Place the ham into a grease baking dish, surround it with the chunks of squash, onions and pineapple.  Chop up your cloves of garlic, rosemary, and mint leaves then sprinkle on top of the ingredients.  Top it with the jam, nutmeg and salt/pepper to taste.  Place in a preheated 375 oven for about 45 minutes and serve.

Photo prior to baking:

No comments:

Post a Comment